Thank you for your interest in Portus - one of the leading asset based stevedoring and terminal service providers in Northeast Florida. Portus has been providing an unparalleled level of service to an uncompromising global business community for over 15 years.
We are creating an environment in which people from diverse backgrounds, styles, cultures, and functions all work together to assure the long-term success of the company, and where everyone:
- Treats our employees, customers, and suppliers with respect and appreciation.
- Maintains a highly productive and pleasant work environment through the promotion of cooperation, consideration, and teamwork.
- Meets the needs of our employees, customers, and suppliers through prompt attention to their requests and needs.
- Establishes a joint partnership with our customers in supporting their needs with a service level beyond expectations.
- Be honest. We do not support actions that may jeopardize the integrity of ourselves, our customers, or suppliers.
- Value our commitments. Consistency is the key to success.
Using this system, you can view all employment opportunities available at Portus, learn more about our corporate culture and employment benefits, submit a text resume, and apply for open positions. If you are a strong team player with the desire to succeed, you are what we're looking for.Apply Now
Portus is committed to maintaining a systematic salary administration program that provides market competitive pay while recognizing individual differences in performance. To achieve this objective, the Portus salary program provides an equitable system of job evaluation and grade classification, covering all positions within the system.
Portus management team members appraise performance annually and make pay decisions within appropriate financial and administrative controls. Guidelines are provided to management to ensure that salary decisions are made on an equitable, sound, and consistent basis.
Additional compensatory benefits enjoyed by Portus full-time employees include:
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Undergraduate Studies
- Postgraduate Studies
Portus has made it a top priority to reward employees for their hard work and dedication. As a part of this commitment, Portus offers an integrated, competitive, and comprehensive benefits package designed to:
- Allow personnel movement between facilities without benefit disruption.
- Recognize the needs of a diverse workforce.
- Providing meaningful choices to meet individual and family needs.
Portus full-time employees, spouses, and dependents enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
Portus may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9.
In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, Portus uses E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) photograph.
If you believe that Portus had violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD 1-800-237-2515)
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such request.
The following information is required to complete the application process:
- Previous employer names for last seven years or last four employers
- Dates of employment
- Former job duties
- Phone number of previous employer
- Official name and phone number of all education institutions you attended
A separate application must be completed for each position you feel you qualify for and would like to be considered for.